[Spacewalk-list] problems with syncing repositories and sw clients

Kirill Morozov l0rda at l0rda.biz
Tue Apr 14 08:20:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

we have Spacewalk server 0.5 installed on x86_64 xen guest CentOS 5.3
with all latest updates.

(root at sw)-(07:43 AM Tue Apr 14)-(~)
# uname -a
Linux sw.fedora.xxx 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.centos.plusxen #1 SMP Thu Apr 2
13:32:02 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

First problem
-----------------
I'm trying to sync i386 "base" repo for centos 5.3 and cannot find a
lot of packages(about 50%), for example "vixie-cron" or "PyXML"

(root at sw)-(07:43 AM Tue Apr 14)-(~)
# reposync --arch=i386 --repoid=base -p /var/www/html/pub/CentOS5-
i386  -l|grep cron
[base: 210   of 1186  ] Skipping existing CentOS/
crontabs-1.10-8.noarch.rpm

but i can see it on remote CentOS base repo(it have 2508 packages).

NOTE: With x86_64 repo i have NO problems.

So, why reposync cannot see about 50% of packages?

Second problem
-----------------------
I have download and add these packages manually without reposync, push
it to channel.
I see it in the spacewalk web-interface, but one i386 client can see it:

# yum search vixie-cron
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
centos5-extras-
i386

   871 B     00:00
centos5-updates-
i386

   871 B     00:00
centos5-base-
i386

   871 B     00:00
spacewalk-client-tools-
i386

   871 B     00:00
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Matched: vixie-cron
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
vixie-cron.i386 : The Vixie cron daemon for executing specified
programs at set times.

but another one cannot see:

# yum search vixie-cron
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
centos5-updates-
i386

   871 B     00:00
centos5-base-
i386

   871 B     00:00
centos5-extras-
i386

   871 B     00:00
Warning: No matches found for: vixie-cron
No Matches found

I think this problem on the client side, but i cannot find it.

When i have enabled standart repositories "vixie-cron" is found.

Third problem
-------------------
When i'm trying to clean yum cache on this client, i got:

# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
Cleaning up Everything
Error: Error making cache directory: //var/cache/yum/timedhosts.txt
error was: [Errno 17] File exists: '//var/cache/yum/timedhosts.txt'

Thanks.

--
Kirill Morozov
KIMO2-RIPE, RHCE