[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 0.5 ks activation key issue

A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 10:38:37 UTC 2009

Dear all,
	I have a spacewalk 0.5 server from which I'm trying to ks a client.  I
use the bare metal ks URL:
http://FQDN/ks/cfg/org/1/label/Fedora-11-Beta-x86_64
Which I note is different from the old 0.3 URL as the 0.3 URL would have
had a org/activation-key/label.  Using my laptop's web-browser to
connect to that URL gives me a permission error (which I would expect).
However, I get the same permission error when trying to ks a client.

I have an activation key (1-ec8e7aae3c75053d959111e35093f81a) associated
with the Fedora-11-Beta-x86_64 kickstart.  The activation key has
Provisioning enabled.

When kickstarting a client I get the following error in catalina.out

2009-04-21 11:23:37,854 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
com.redhat.rhn.common.errors.PermissionExceptionHandler - Permission
Error
com.redhat.rhn.common.security.PermissionException: The activation key
'1-a5371e09b3eb48fb5814aba1f01b5db9' needs  provisioning capabilities to
be able to facilitate  the config channel functionality

As you can see the activation key in the error message does not match
the activation key that was assigned to the kickstart profile.  I assume
that bare-metal ks clients get assigned a random activation key in order
to download the ks profile.  Might this key not have the requisite
permissions?

This error is similar to
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2008-November/msg00128.html
However, I am using the FQDN and I believe I've correctly set up my
activation key.  I also have the Cobbler fix from
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2009-April/msg00086.html

Any information on how to achieve kickstarting my client would be
appreciated.

--
Aidan