[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 0.6 RELEASED!

Jesus M. Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Sat Aug 8 01:23:54 UTC 2009

Howdy Spacewalkers,

Spacewalk 0.6 is finally here! In a few hours, Spacewalk 0.6 will be
available for installing. With this release, as with previous releases,
Spacewalk 0.4 will no longer be available for download.

   http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/RHEL/5/<arch>/os/
   http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/Fedora/10/<arch>/os/
   http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/Fedora/11/<arch>/os/

Make sure to read over the installation again:

   http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#Installation

If you are upgrading from 0.5 to 0.6, please checkout:

   http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

Features & Enhancements

 * Spacewalk 0.6 is available for Fedora 11!

 * support for SHA256 in rpm

 * large (2+GB) rpm support (requires rpm 4.6)

 * ability to import a yum repo into a channel
   https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent

 * script based reporting: http://bit.ly/NyCrj

 * hopefully a better jabberd experience than in Spacewalk 0.5

 * KVM support

 * and more APIs:

   - errata.delete
   - channel.software.uploadPackage
   - monitoring.*
   - org.list*Entitlements
   - packages.getDetails
   - system.config.scheduleImport

Bugs fixed

* This release fixed approximately 100 bugs -
  http://bit.ly/14ahTW

Known issues

* PostgreSQL support does not work, but the infrastructure has
  been committed. We will need help with moving this forward.

* Fedora GPG key not recognized by rhnPackageKey table, packages
  will show up as unknown Provider.

* Documentation search does not work, other search are unaffected.

Community

*  We greatly appreciate the contributions the community has made to
   this release. Thank you very much.

     - Gurjeet Singh
     - Joshua Roys
     - Mark Chappell
     - Maxim Burgerhout
     - Muhammad Farrukh
     - Satoru SATOH
     - Tom Lane
     - Vikram Rai

   http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ContributorList

Installation Help

   http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#Installation

- --
jesus m. rodriguez        | jesusr at redhat.com
sr. software engineer     | irc: zeus
rhn satellite & spacewalk | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012    | 919.623.0080 (c)
|  "Those who cannot remember the past      |
|   are condemned to repeat it."            |
|                       -- George Santayana |