[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Repo Sync - Mirror Lists?

Andy Speagle andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Wed Aug 12 13:00:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 22:23 -0500, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Is there a way to use a mirror list for repo syncs?  Something like
> this :
>
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=4.7&arch=i386&repo=os
>
> 	Or do I need to hard-code one of the mirrors?
>
> Thanks,

I asked this same question in the spacewalk-devel list and this was the
response.

-----
We don't currently support mirror lists as repo urls.  This is a nice
thing to have, and hopefully we will be able to add it in a future
release.

The low level yum repo objects that we are using don't support mirror
list urls directly, so we'd have to do some of the parsing ourselves
most likely.

-Justin
-----

So, yes... I hardcoded one of the mirrors.

Andy Speagle