[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Repo Sync - Mirror Lists?

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:09:46 UTC 2009

On 08/12/2009 09:00 AM, Andy Speagle wrote:
> So, yes... I hardcoded one of the mirrors.

I couldn't get it to work, so I came up with what I thought was a more
elegant solution ...  I have a script that runs daily (/etc/cron.daily)
to sync my spacewalk installation with the repos.  Previously it used
reposync and rhnpush, but now I can just use spacewalk-repo-sync and
save my self about 20G of space..  :)

To solve the mirror problem, and hopefully still stay somewhat true to
the idea of using a mirror list, I'm using the following :

MYURL=`curl -s
"http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5.3&arch=i386&repo=os" | head -1`
spacewalk-repo-sync --channel centos-5 --url $MYURL --label base-5
--type yum

It ran last night and sync'ed all of my systems, so it seems to work well.

One question I did have is whether the repo sync will remove packages
that are no longer in the repository ...  I'll test this out myself, but
if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info.

> Andy Speagle

Thanks,

--
Jason Frisvold