[Spacewalk-list] monitoring and keys

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:28:49 UTC 2009

I installed Spacewalk a few days and enabled monitoring today, i'm
trying to follow the scarce documentation and help on the web, but i
can't seem to figure out how this works.

I've enabled monitoring through the Website, i see the monitoring tab,
but when i click on Scout push Config, and then choose 'Spacewalk
Monitoring Scout' i get this error message 'No RHNMD Public Key found
for scout Spacewalk Monitoring Scout'

I've check the nocpulse user account on the spacewalk server and it
does have the pub/priv keys and the pub key is in the authorized_key
file

I've also copied that authorized key file from the spacewalk server to
one of my clients.  And verfied that i can ssh from the
nocpulse at spacewalk to nocpulse at client without issue

I've also verified that port 4545 is open on the client

Where should i look for some debug output as to why the key is not
found and the Probe i configured for my client is in a Pending state
awaiting update?

Thanks