[Spacewalk-list] errata question

Daniel Wittenberg dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:14:16 UTC 2009

Looking at this script I had a couple questions:

#All files for packages mentioned in the centos-announce postings
#should reside in this directory. reposyncing the "updates" repo of
#your fave centos release should do the trick
package_dir=/centos-mirror/%(version)s.%(release)s/updates/%(arch)s/RPMS/

So say I have CentOS-Base channel, and I want all the errata to show up correctly in that channel.  It almost sounds like I need a
different channel for the updates?

Also, if I'm reposyncing the updates from the yum mirror, why do I need a local copy as well?  Along those lines, if I'm pushing the RPM's
why would I also reposync them?

Thanks,
Dan