[Spacewalk-list] errata question

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Wed Dec 9 11:10:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 08:26:42PM -0600, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> Wouldn't this whole errata management be easier if you could point it at
> a repo and have it one level higher, so it could see the OS and the
> updates, and just mirror those over itself?  It seems like this is way
> more complicated then it needs to be and I'm not understanding why it's
> done the way it is.

Are you asking for my script to parse a yum repository's metadata to
retrieve NVREA values, or just "friendlier" behaviour for package_dir?

If the former, I suppose the script could do that but I suspect it
would be rather more complex than querying an RPM. Since I have the
RPMs on local disk anyway (for mock) it's not a priority for me.

If the latter, I could change the handling of package_dir so that it
looks for RPMS in all subdirectories, though I can't any advantage in
doing so. Packages in the "updates" repository are the only ones that
get mentioned in CentOS-announce mailings so looking in other
repositories seems pointless. That said, most of the machinery to do
such looking is already in the development version of the script for
supporting multiple architectures so I might just add it and see what
happens.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662