[Spacewalk-list] CentOS Updates Requiring a Red Hat GPG Key?

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 10 19:47:56 UTC 2009

On 12/10/2009 01:22 PM, Wojtak, Greg wrote:
> I’ve got a setup wherein I have two RHEL 5 channels (i386 and x86_64) as
> well as two CentOS 5 channels (also i386 and x86_64). After updating the
> channels with the latest rpm’s from the respective channels, I am
> getting an error on the CentOS servers I am updating looking for what
> appears to be the Red Hat GPG key. What gives? I’ve verified that I
> didn’t accidentally push packages from RHN into the CentOS channels. It
> seems to do this for just about every rpm it tries to update. Anyone
> have any ideas why this might happen? My first thought was that the
> rpm’s have the same names so spacewalk didn’t differentiate between the
> RHEL and CentOS packages, but I’d like to give spacewalk a little more
> credit than to simply check file names. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Spacewalk 0.6 running on CentOS 5.3 server, client I am testing with is
> a CentOS 5.3 server that I am trying to update to 5.4 plus most recent
> updates as of yesterday.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Greg

Go to channels and choose a centos channel.  Choose any package.  Grab
the "File System Path."

# ls -l /var/satellite/$path
# rpm -K /var/satellite/$path
# rpm -qpi /var/satellite/$path

and look at the output of especially the third command...  what Key ID
is it signed by?

Here's something to do that, kind of:
# rpm -q gpg-pubkey | grep $(rpm -qpi /var/satellite/$path | egrep -o
'Key ID .*$' | cut -d ' ' -f 3 | cut -c9-) | xargs rpm -qi

Josh