[Spacewalk-list] need to re-create ssl certificate for spacewalk (centos 5.4).

Michael Masseo mmasseo at mypublisher.com
Fri Dec 11 18:41:45 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have had issues with my jabberd and osa-dispatcher, and osad.

This is due to when I intially setup spacewalk, a reverse DNS lookup was
done on the servers IP, so it created a CN which does not match the OU
of the certificate (which is the FQDN):

  DirName:/C=US/ST=New
York/L=Valhalla/O=myserver.com/OU=spacewalk.myserver.com/CN=dc2-build01.myserver.com

I can workaround this by changing the python code for jabbery, but I
really do not want to do it on every client I add.

How can I regenerate the SSL certificate for spacewalk, without starting
from scratch?

thanks,

Mike