[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk package install

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:13:42 UTC 2009

For RHEL5 this definitely works but is only required if, for example,
a package with the same name exists for both i386 and x86_64.  I.e.
foo-1.1el5.x86_64 and foo-1.1el5.i386

For an internal packaging of the netbackup client, I used to include
acl.i386 in the list of packages in my kickstarts.

CC

On 12/16/09, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Josh.Mullis at cox.com wrote:
>
> > Not sure if it will work, but try tagging a ".i386" to the end of the
> package name.
> >

> I could be wrong, but anaconda used to be arch unaware.  Hopefully I'm wrong
> and this is fixed now.  Packages otherwise could be specified like this with
> an activation key, or installed with yum in a postscript.
>
> jh

RHCE#805007969328369