[Spacewalk-list] yum repo problem

Cliff cperry at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 18:46:08 UTC 2009

Cliff wrote:
> Brian Whitehead wrote:
>> It appears that something has happened to the yum release repository
>> in the last few days.
>>
>> I'm getting 404 errors.
>>
>> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/Fedora/12/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
>> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/Fedora/12/i386/repodata/repomd.xml
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
>> repository: spacewalk. Please verify its path and try again
>>

>> And browsing to http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/
>>
>> returns:
>>
>> Not Found
>> The requested URL /yum/0.7/ was not found on this server.
>> ________________________________
>> Apache Server at spacewalk.redhat.com Port 80
>>

>> Browsing to just http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/ brings up the main
>> site.
>>
>> This was working fine a few days ago.
>
> Thanks for the report - investigating, this should be resolved by EOB
> tomorrow, if not sooner. I will reply when I know more information.

Reviewing this myself, it looks like all of our yum repo content is
available again for download. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have
caused any users over the weekend.

It seems that a change of hardware for the spacewalk.redhat.com service
over the weekend was the cause of this interruption in our availability.

Regards,
Clifford.