[Spacewalk-list] Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occured [[6]]" (code -1)

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Fri Feb 6 09:18:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

I get this error when upgrading some packages on a CentOS 4.7 client:

IndexError: list index out of range
D: Sending back response ((6,), 'Fatal error in Python code occured', {})
D: do_call packages.checkNeedUpdate ('rhnsd=1',)
D: local action status:  (0, 'rpm database not modified since last
update (or package list recently updated)', {})

Full up2date log is available at:

http://pastebin.com/f7af7772f

We're trying to upgrade "ntp" and "nss" packages. Those packages has
been upgraded sucessfully in other CentOS 4.7 clients without problems.

# rpm -qa up2date python yum
up2date-4.6.2-7.el4.1
python-2.3.4-14.7.el4
yum-2.4.3-4.el4.centos

What maybe the problem? It appears a Python bug..

Santi Saez
http://woop.es