[Spacewalk-list] "bareMetalProvisioning" Wiki page

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Sun Feb 8 15:29:43 UTC 2009

I was reading over the Cobbler Wiki page and found
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/bareMetalBrainstorming

I am not sure what the page is trying to discuss -- or why this is a new
thing specific to metal as the things mentioned are no different in
Spacewalk if doing reinstalls or guests.   If it's the general topic of
"how do I manage diverse kickstart configurations that may span multiple
sites" the answer is "templating", and "it varies greatly based on site".

I can see where the wizard based kickstart-generator engine in Satellite
would have some workflow problems with this, yes.   Cobbler is designed
to solve all of those, so I think the question can be closed?

--Michael