[Spacewalk-list] Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occured [[6]]" (code -1)

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 13:00:29 UTC 2009

Santi Saez wrote:
> El 6/2/09 10:18, Santi Saez escribió:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get this error when upgrading some packages on a CentOS 4.7 client:
>>
>> IndexError: list index out of range
>> D: Sending back response ((6,), 'Fatal error in Python code occured', {})
>> D: do_call packages.checkNeedUpdate ('rhnsd=1',)
>> D: local action status: (0, 'rpm database not modified since last
>> update (or package list recently updated)', {})
>>
>> Full up2date log is available at:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/f7af7772f
>>
>> We're trying to upgrade "ntp" and "nss" packages. Those packages has
>> been upgraded sucessfully in other CentOS 4.7 clients without problems.
>>
>> # rpm -qa up2date python yum
>> up2date-4.6.2-7.el4.1
>> python-2.3.4-14.7.el4
>> yum-2.4.3-4.el4.centos
>>
>> What maybe the problem? It appears a Python bug..
>
> Anyone has more info about this? Maybe it's a Python error? If more info
> is needed please ask.. it's a strange problem :-/
>
> Regards,

First suggest - upgrade version of up2date -
-rw-rw-r--    4 ftp      ftp       2142836 Jul 01  2008
up2date-4.7.1-17.el4.src.rpm
lftp ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS>

I have seen this error message before, but quick search in bugzilla I
did not see it. One suggestion also is to look at the up2date config
file, I think there was a bug where if you had trailing ';' at the end
of config option lines, it could also mess up up2date.

Cliff

--
Clifford Perry
Manager, Satellite Engineering