[Spacewalk-list] Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occured [[6]]" (code -1)

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Mon Feb 9 16:19:10 UTC 2009

Hi Clifford,

El 9/2/09 14:00, Clifford Perry escribió:

> First suggest - upgrade version of up2date -
> -rw-rw-r-- 4 ftp ftp 2142836 Jul 01 2008 up2date-4.7.1-17.el4.src.rpm
> lftp ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS>
>
> I have seen this error message before, but quick search in bugzilla I
> did not see it. One suggestion also is to look at the up2date config
> file, I think there was a bug where if you had trailing ';' at the end
> of config option lines, it could also mess up up2date.

# grep ";" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
pkgSkipList=;
pkgsToInstallNotUpdate=kernel;kernel-modules;kernel-devel;
adminAddress=root at localhost;
fileSkipList=;
disallowConfChanges=noReboot;sslCACert;useNoSSLForPackages;noSSLServerURL;serverURL;disallowConfChanges;
removeSkipList=kernel*;

Very strange.. finally, reinstalling and deleting all data from
"/var/spool/up2date" has solved the problem :-/

After re-installing the package:

# rpm -qa up2date
up2date-4.6.2-7.el4.1

# grep ";" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
pkgSkipList=;
pkgsToInstallNotUpdate=kernel;kernel-modules;kernel-devel;
adminAddress=root at localhost;
fileSkipList=;
disallowConfChanges=noReboot;sslCACert;useNoSSLForPackages;noSSLServerURL;serverURL;disallowConfChanges;
removeSkipList=kernel*;

up2date is the same version (installed from spacewalk-client repo), and
config file appears similar, so the problem perhaps was in
"/var/spool/up2date".. :-/

Santi Saez
http://woop.es