[Spacewalk-list] rhnpush cannot upload packages

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 17:52:56 UTC 2009

Kirill Morozov wrote:
> SQL> select p.md5sum md5sum,
> p.path path
> from rhnPackageEVR pe,
> rhnPackageName pn,
> rhnPackage p,
> rhnPackageArch pa
> where pn.name = 'hwdata'
> and pe.epoch is null
> and pe.version = '0.213.6'
> and pe.release = '1.el5'
> and p.org_id = 1
> and p.name_id = pn.id
> and p.evr_id = pe.id
> and p.package_arch_id = pa.id
> and pa.label = 'noarch'
> and p.md5sum = 'b6ab9a4d8281c5318c3790d4a4dcac3e'  2    3    4    5
> 6    7    8    9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ;
>
> MD5SUM
> PATH
>
> b6ab9a4d8281c5318c3790d4a4dcac3e
>

> empty path?

AH!! thats the problem. So your Database has the package but no path.
Which means all you have is the metadata for the package but the file
itself is missing from the filesystem(check /var/satellite/). Which is
an unusual case. But I can add in an extra check in the code to make
sure the path is not None before joining and if it is None we can  have
the method return.

It would be good to understand how your database ended up in this state.
Did you push this package before and failed somehow?

~

Pradeep Kilambi
RHN Satellite Engineering
pkilambi at redhat.com