[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush]

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 10 20:07:15 UTC 2009

Michael,

>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:41:12 -0500
>From: "Michael ORourke" <mrorourke at earthlink.net>
>From: <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>
>To: <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>

<snip>
>> And on a side note, what's with reposync? The o/s I'm running on is
>> 32-bit, but the command I used was
>> reposync -a x86_64 --repoid=base -p
>> /var/satellite/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/CentOS -g -n
>> But it ignored the -a (and --arch=) flag, and overrides me, giving me the
>> i386 rpms. Do I need a special configuration file, so as to not be
>> overridden?
>
>I have the exact same problem, I suspect that the "reposync" command is
>buggy.
>Anyone else run into this problem?

Ok, it isn't just me getting irritated with it. I give it the arch, and it ignores me. I copy CentOS-Base.repo from /etc/yum.repos.d, and start editing it. Then I try to run with it, and the first thing it prints out is
Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository updates is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository addons is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository centosplus is listed more than once in the configuration

No, they're not. It appears to be reading /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo, and *then* reading the file I explicitly gave it with a -c.

Oh, and when I try to run it, and it sits there, <ctrl-C> will NOT kill it, I have to kill -9 the process. It appears to think that the <ctrl-C> is for *only* the rpm it's d/l, and it goes on to the next one.

And I need to read more about yum's repo files, since I have no clue where it gets $releasever from. I just tried replacing it with 5.2, and it still prints out the complains (above) and sits there, doing I have no clue what.

  mark