[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush]

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 10 21:42:06 UTC 2009

Ok, as far as I can tell, there's a bug in reposync.

When I use the call straight, and give it -a x86_64, it completely ignores the flag, and overrides it with the current archetecture (32-bit, in this case).

I've copied the CentOS-Base.repo from /etc/yum.repos.d. I've tried:
   a) commenting out the mirrorlist, and uncommenting the
       baseurl, as it says in the original.
   b) replacing $releasever and &arch with literals - in
       this case, 5.2 and x86_64

In both cases, it errors out with the following error messages. As I noted before, instead of reading *only* the config file I give it on the command line, it is very clear that it is reading *both* /etc/yum.repos.d and the config file specified on the command line with -c.

Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository updates is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository addons is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository centosplus is listed more than once in the configuration
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reposync", line 264, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reposync", line 227, in main
    url = urljoin(baseurl,remote)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'baseurl' referenced before assignment

Does *anyone* have an idea how I can use reposync on a 32-bit o/s to suck down the x86_64 CentOS 5.2?

    mark "clues for the poor?"