[Spacewalk-list] Client setup

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Mon Feb 16 20:26:46 UTC 2009

Following myself up with more info:

>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:05:59 -0500 (EST)
>From: <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>
>
>I've been more-or-less trying to follow the instructions at <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk>, along with the official spacewalk setup info. I'm still looking, but haven't found the official info on client setup; meanwhile, the centos info says that the final step is registration.
>
>Except, the example it gives is
>rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://spacewalk.domain.com/XMLRPC --activationkey=<default-activation-key>
>Now, I've changed the name of the server to my spacewalk server, but there's no XMLRPC directory. Do I need to create it, or should it have been created by something I've missed installing, or...?

Now, I found the "official" info, and it's the same on the command to register, so I'm stuck there.

In addition, I'm not sure what's needed for client tools. The one site <http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lrsmith/Spacewalk/rpms/> has basically six files (I certainly don't need the gnome setup):
rhn-check,  rhn-client-tools, rhn-setup, rhnlib, rhnsd, and yum-rhn-plugin. The other site that the official doc lists, <http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/spacewalk-tools/> has a number of subdirectories, and I'm *assuming* that 5Client is good for CentOS 5.2, has all those, and a ton more. I've yet to find a definitive list of what rpms I need. I'm *guessing* that all I need are the ones from the first, but it's not encouraging to figure that once I know about the XMLRPC, I'll then have trial-and-error to find a definitive list.

    mark