[Spacewalk-list] register systems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 16:02:16 UTC 2009

Steve,

>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:36:29 -0500
>From: Steve Vargo <stevevargo at hotmail.com>
>
>   Centos 5.2 should have the same python version. Can

Yup, I should think so.

>   you get any client to register using rhnreg_ks
>   or rhn_register I can't and I get the same 404 error
>   when I attempt to register via the spacewalk web
>   page.

I can. From the client, I can either use
rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://YourSpacewalk.example.org/XMLRPC --activationkey=<key-with-centos-custom-channel>
(and that may be one problem I have, that I've only got one activation key for everything), or I can use rhn-register, which uses what looks like the good old redhat text mode "gui" - the interactive boxes.

BUT: *both* will give you errors, but if you ignore the error and go into the spacewalk app in your browser, you'll find it registered.

     mark