[Spacewalk-list] register systems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 16:19:03 UTC 2009

Ok, I am now seriously getting irritated again. I hacked:
stopped spacewalk
sudo cp -pr /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/rhn /var/www/html/
sudo vi Catalina/localhost/rhn.xml (to correct the docBase)
restarted spacewalk

I still get the 404 when I clicked on the previously-mentioned link (overview -> register systems).

/var/log/catalina.out shows no errors about ignoring. This time, I look at the error,
"The page you requested, /rhn/help/client-config/en/index.jsp was not found." and look under where I copied rhn to, /var/www/html. Sure enough, there is no such directory as client-config.

I looked further, with my final tries being:
find /var -name client-config 2>/dev/null
and
find /usr/share -name client-config 2>/dev/null

Can someone explain to me why this link at the very first page you come to in  spacewalk doesn't work? Is there something that is not installed, but which is *required* for this first page link to work, that was not installed by my yum install spacewalk?

     mark

What I have installed:
 rpm -qa | grep spacewalk
spacewalk-repo-0.4-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-config-files-common-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-package-push-server-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-pxt-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-moon-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-schema-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-java-config-0.4.16-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-config-files-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-certs-tools-0.4.2-1.el5
spacewalk-java-0.4.16-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-sql-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-app-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-applet-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-admin-0.4.8-1.el5
spacewalk-html-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-taskomatic-0.4.16-1.el5
spacewalk-branding-0.4.1-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-server-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-xml-export-libs-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-xp-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-base-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-tools-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-cypress-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-setup-0.4.23-1.el5
spacewalk-config-0.4.24-1.el5
spacewalk-backend-config-files-tool-0.4.22-1.el5
spacewalk-search-0.4.10-1.el5
spacewalk-sniglets-0.4.18-1.el5
spacewalk-monitoring-0.4.3-1.el5
spacewalk-client-tools-0.0-1