[Spacewalk-list] register systems

Steve Vargo stevevargo at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:44:33 UTC 2009

Thanks!

When I attempt to use rhn_register It says:

We are attempting to contact the Red Hat Network server at https://spacewalk.company.com/XMLRPC.

Then says:

 We can't contact the Red Hat Network Server. Double check the location provided - is
'https://spacewalk.company.com/XMLRPC' correct?  If not, you can correct it and try again.
 Make sure that the network connection on this system is operational.
This system will not be able to successfully receive software updates
from Red Hat without connecting to a Red Hat Network server.

I can wget the rpm and use lynx to get to the main page so I don't think it is a communication issue between the servers.

wget http://spacewalk.company.com/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-2.noarch.rpm

The last post shows the errors when I use  rhnreg_ks

Again any help would be great I have been unsuccessfully trying to get this to work for weeks and don't know how to fix.

Thanks
Steve