[Spacewalk-list] register systems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 21:00:38 UTC 2009

I'm utterly dead in the water.

My latest try was to select the system, and go to admin->manage, which gets me to the system set manager. From there, systems, and select my one test system. Then I select manage. I get back to the system set manager. I select  channels->manage systems' channel memberships. It claims that "below is a list of channels in my organization". There is *nothing* at all there. I select base channel, and *finally* get a list. I select the one I want, the x86-64, and click confirm subscriptions. I get to the next page, confirm base channel alteration. I click the alter subscription button, and vome back to the page where you can select a new base channel, and it says, and I quote, "    * 1 systems failed to subscribe to channel 'CentOS5.2-x86_64'" It gives me not one single idea *WHY*, and there only thing I find in any log is in catalina.out, which says
2009-02-17 14:43:34,642 [TP-Processor2] WARN  com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.DataList - mode or elaborator params is null. When these are null, DataList functions exactly the same as ArrayList.

If I try repeating it, even though at the top it says that one system is selected, it comes back telling me that there are no systems available in my system set to process these actions.

I just created a system group, and added the system to it, and tried again. Same results.

So, I am completely unable to subscribe the test client to a channel, I have no idea why.

If anyone has any ideas that I haven't already tried, or needs more info, let me know. In the meantime, I'm going to tell my manager I've hit a brick wall, and work on some other project, since I can't do *anything* *at* *all* now in terms of actually using spacewalk.

   mark, *very* unamused