[Spacewalk-list] rhn_register SSL Cert verification

Steve Vargo stevevargo at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:11:20 UTC 2009

When I attempt to use rhn_register I get a message the " The SSL certificate failed verification." I installed the https://spacewalk.company.com/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm but that didn't fix it.

I copied the https://spacewalk.comapany.com/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT file to /usr/share/rhn on the client and that cleared up the SSL error now I am getting the same

 We can't contact the Red Hat Network Server.

Double check the location provided - is
 'https://spacewalk.company.com/XMLRPC' correct?
 If not, you can correct it and try again.
 Make sure that the network connection on this
system is operational.
This system will not be able to successfully
 receive software updates from Red Hat without
connecting to a Red Hat Network server

I am going to try the rhnreg_ks method My guess is I am going to get he same error as before.

Thanks
Steve