[Spacewalk-list] Correct way to manage channels/updates for CentOS 5

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Mon Jan 26 18:06:03 UTC 2009

Hi John,

El 23/1/09 12:52, John Hodrien escribió:

> I don't think so. I'd probably attempt in the webui:
>
> Create new child channel.
> Packages/Add
> Select the top level channel you're going to delete.
> Select All
> Confirm Addition

Thanks for the help! This operation works without problem.. ;)

But when deleting all packages from this parent channel I get a
"Internal Server Error" and a "WEB TRACEBACK":-/ The channel is deleted
but packages are still at /var/satellite.

In the WebUI I get this warning:

Channel CentOS 4 Updates x86 has been deleted.
The packages selected below were unique to CentOS 4 Updates x86, and
have now been orphaned. The packages which are not selected were already
orphaned.

*Is there anyway to delete those orphaned packages?* thanks!

>> P.S: it will be great to add a note into the Wiki saying that
>> rhnreg_ks, rhn_check, etc.. scripts in CentOS 4 are in "up2date"
>> package instead of "rhn-setup" (thanks to "prad" IRC user for the help
>> suported solving this issue)..
>
> If it'd be great to add a note, add a note ;)

Wiki page has been modified commentig howto register CentOS 4 clients ;)

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

Regards!

--
Santi Saez