[Spacewalk-list] question about red hat

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 12:25:26 UTC 2009

Michiel van Es wrote:
> Besides it is a license issue, is it technically possible?

It is licence issue. It is technically possible.

> And if it is a license problem how would they suppress it?

Well you could avoid the licensing even before (download packages from
RHN throuhg one license, create repo, sync more machines from this
repo). So Spacewalk brings nothing new here.
You either see value in Red Hat and buy license for all machines where
you use it. Or you have see the value and do not have the money - then
please CentOS. Or you seen the value, want to use RH and are not willing
to pay - then only your morale and ethics can stop you.
I skip the option, when you do not see value in RH as it is only
theoretical option :)

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering