[Spacewalk-list] Errors creating kickstart profiles on 0.4

Luis Garcia luis.garciavega at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:22:30 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I'm trying to set up kick start trees on spacewalk 0.4 on a CentOS 5.2
server  and  I'm following the document here:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/KickstartDistro

Everything goes smoothly,  I can upload the kickstart tree and commit
it to the database.
When I get to 7d, to the page that says  "Step 1: Create Kickstart
Profile" I can fill in
the Kickstart Profile Label,  the Base Channel, and the Kickstartable
Tree that I checked in shows up.

The problem is that no matter what type of Virtualization type I pick,
when hit the next button,
I get red text that reads:

  * Para-Virtualization is unsupported with the selected kickstart
tree or distribution.

Which is odd, since I see the /VT folder in the kickstart directory.
Is there something in cobbler that I need to configure?

Thanks,
~Luis