[Spacewalk-list] Errors creating kickstart profiles on 0.4

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 22:49:55 UTC 2009

Luis Garcia wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to set up kick start trees on spacewalk 0.4 on a CentOS 5.2
> server  and  I'm following the document here:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/KickstartDistro
>

> Everything goes smoothly,  I can upload the kickstart tree and commit
> it to the database.
> When I get to 7d, to the page that says  "Step 1: Create Kickstart
> Profile" I can fill in
> the Kickstart Profile Label,  the Base Channel, and the Kickstartable
> Tree that I checked in shows up.
>
> The problem is that no matter what type of Virtualization type I pick,
> when hit the next button,
> I get red text that reads:
>
>   * Para-Virtualization is unsupported with the selected kickstart
> tree or distribution.
>

> Which is odd, since I see the /VT folder in the kickstart directory.
> Is there something in cobbler that I need to configure?

This is an ugly bug in 0.4 that is affecting Spacewalk's ability to
synchronize with Cobbler.  The error message is somewhat misleading.

Can you do the following and reply to the list:

1) From your spacewalk server's terminal:

# cobbler distro report

copy-paste the above to http://pastebin.com/  and send us the URL

2) From your spacewalk server's terminal do:

# sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe
SQL> select label, base_path, NVL(cobbler_Id, 'NULL'),
NVL(cobbler_xen_id, 'NULL') from rhnKickstartableTree;

take the results of that and also copy to a http://pastebin.com/

Mike
--
Mike McCune