[Spacewalk-list] Still having problems registering a client

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Mar 6 20:31:34 UTC 2009

I did it.

And *none* of the additional Oracle configuration did a damn thing.

What I *finally* did was to go to the Oracle gui, and try some administration tasks. I did a compact storage; no joy.

The final thing, the one after which registration *worked*, was this: I read in my googling that XE will only allow a max of 1G of SGA + PGA. First, I increased the PGA by 15M, I think it was, to a max of 248M. The I increased the SGA by 24M, to 724M, giving me a combined total of 972M of that max 1G for XE....

And that did it. Registered, no problem. Knows the kernel, sees the packages (or it did, once I subscribed it to the child channels).

Should I submit this for an update to the wiki documentation?

      mark