[Spacewalk-list] pushing to client, not: createrepo?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 22:11:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> However, could you expand a bit on why /etc/yum.repos.d/<distro>-Base.repo
> needs to be that way? I mean, being paranoid, how do I know that my client
> is *not* looking out on the web, and that it got the package from my server?

If you don't want it to do anything but use spacewalk, delete all your .repo
files.

Seriously*.

And if that doesn't make any sense to you, you've got a really whacked view of
what spacewalk is doing.

jh

* there are better ways (documented in bugzilla) but this one makes the most
   sense at a glance.

--
"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee
  And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me."          -- Robert Frost