[Spacewalk-list] Re: Architecture not specified on CentOS4 servers

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:36:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM, James Garratt <jngarratt at gmail.com> wrote:
> one thing i forgot to mention is that these hosts were crossgraded from
> RHEL4 however i believe all the CentOS5 hosts were fresh installs. so it
> could be an issue related to the crossgrade?
> cheers
> -JG

I would say this could/is the reason.  The rhnlib, (and probably a few
others package) would not have moved in a cross-grade.  You could
probably rip out whatever you have in the rhn client stack, upd2date-*
rhn* etc, and then install again from either the SW repo, EPEL or
stahnma repo, (or all 3 depending on exact needs right now).  CentOS
ships a different rhnlib and up2date features in attempts to NOT be
compatible with RHN (for historical reasons).  Also, since Centos4
uses yum, and RHEL doesn't, how did that go?

I imagine that would clear things up.