[Spacewalk-list] massive transactions on dist import

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Sun Nov 1 14:52:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

>> we have noticed that a distribution import (e.g. full F11 64bit) causes a huge oracle transaction log (about 50GB). The database itself has a size of about 7GB atm.

> I'm sorry I have no idea what transaction log are you talking about.
> Could you be more specific?

I was talking about the Oracle Transaction Log. During an mass import
using spacewalk-repo-sync/satellite-sync, we got about 70 transactions
per second, extremely bloating the transaction log.

It seems that updates are committed one-by-one instead of junks.

We already did some hibernate tuning:

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect
hibernate.jdbc.batch_size=20
hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800
hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period=1800

But still got that large number of transactions.

Best Regards
Marcus