[Spacewalk-list] how to use spacewalk without pxe

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 16:42:23 UTC 2009

rob morrien wrote:
> Hello to all,
>

> At this moment i see only the option  pxe installs in the spacewalk server.
>
> I have the next problem: We are not allowed to use pxe in out test and
> production environment.
>
> Does somebody have an alternate installation procedure?
>
> regards rob

You can run 'cobbler buildiso' and cobbler will create a bootable disc
image which, when booted from,  allows you to select what profile you
want to kickstart to.

Hopefully that's useful.

-Justin

Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603
Red Hat, Inc.