[Spacewalk-list] question about patches pushed slow

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Tue Oct 20 09:06:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 06:27:06AM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:

> Anyone?
> I also have a problem that CentOS 4 machines don't see updates in
> spacewalk but when I do an up2date -fu all suddenly all updates are
> showing up :(

Something similar happens from time to time here using CentOS
5. Usually the updates appear after a while, presumably when the
client next checks in. If not, an explicit package profile refresh
fixes it.

Very occasionally, after a package push the updates will initially
appear on the systems view but then "vanish" again before you have
chance to apply them. Again, waiting a while or forcing a profile
refresh gets them back. This only seems to happen with non-errata
updates for some reason.

> I also found out that the rhn_check command is running on most of the
> clients but is sitting there waiting for hours (I have to manually kill
> it and rerun rhn_check -vv to update/pull the package updates.)

I've never seen that.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662