[Spacewalk-list] Any way to lessen WEB TRACEBACK Messages

Mike Hanby mhanby at uab.edu
Tue Sep 1 19:07:09 UTC 2009

Howdy,

I had a situation this weekend where the OracleXE recovery ran out of space (had it set to 10G).

The spacewalk server reacted by spamming me with TRACEBACK emails literally multiple emails a second. Luckily I glanced at my phone and noticed that my inbox had over 2000 new messages and I was able to log in and 'rhn-satellite stop' to stop the flood before my mail server admin locked my inbox.

Is there any way to limit the amount of email that the SW server will send? Obviously there's a problem, but thousands of emails in a very short period of time introduces its own set of problems.  A single email indicating a problem connecting to Oracle would be sufficient :-)

If it isn't possible currently, is this worthy of a bugzilla request?

Thanks, Mike