[Spacewalk-list] migrating standalone cobbler configuration to spacewalk

Michał Kowalik michal.kowalik at ciao-group.com
Thu Sep 3 13:17:30 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Lately we decided to deploy spacewalk in our organization. So far it goes
pretty ok,  I have installed spacewalk 0.6, but I'm in doubt how to proceed
with cobbler.

We have in use a standalone cobbler installation with around a dozen of
different profiles for both Centos 5.3 32 and 64 bit and usual surrounding
data (repos, systems and so on..). What would be the best practice to
migrate those settings to our spacewalk instance? How deep is the cobbler
and spacewalk integration? Would my cobbler kickstarts be available as
spacewalk kickstarts? Is there any recent documentation describing it?

All answers appreciated :)

--
Best regards,
Michał  Kowalik