[Spacewalk-list] migrating standalone cobbler configuration to spacewalk

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 13:24:03 UTC 2009

Michał Kowalik wrote:
> data (repos, systems and so on..). What would be the best practice to
> migrate those settings to our spacewalk instance? How deep is the cobbler
> and spacewalk integration? Would my cobbler kickstarts be available as
> spacewalk kickstarts? Is there any recent documentation describing it?

AFAIK all coblers records will be visible in Spacewalk. You can
kickstart the system to those profiles.
You "only" will not be able to manage them. I.e. change parameter of
such kickstarts. All kickstart profiles created in Spacewalk will be
automatically copied to cobller. So you can kickstart from such profiles
  as you done before from cobller and you can manage them from spacewalk.

I'm not aware of any migration script from cobller to Spacewalk, which
will make old cobbler record editable in Spacewalk.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering