[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring RHEL 5

Milan Zazrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 12:12:07 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 09:54:47 Lukas.Matecki at lvr.de wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i have successful run a Spacewalk Kickstart of a RHEL5 Server. All seem to
> work. But if I try to assign a monitoring suite to that server, after
> pushing the options to the client I am getting "unknown" flags in the
> status Window. Did I need to do some additional setup on the client side ?
> Is there somewhere descript how to enable Monitoring ?
>
> Msg I get looks that way:
>
> The RHN Monitoring Daemon (RHNMD) is not responding: ssh: connect to host
> XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 4545: Connection refused. Please make sure the daemon
> is running and the host is accessible from the monitoring scout. Command
> was: /usr/bin/ssh -l nocpulse -p 4545 -i
> /var/lib/nocpulse/.ssh/nocpulse-identity -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o
> BatchMode=yes XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /bin/sh -s
>
> //Ip changed to XXX.

For most of the monitoring probes you need to insall rhnmd daemon
on your client systems and copy public ssh key of nocpulse user
from your Spacewalk installation to all machines that run rhnmd.

See
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.3/Reference_Guide/html/s1-mon-rhnmd.html
for more details.

-MZ