[Spacewalk-list] [rhn-satellite-users] No trees were found for the selected channel

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 03:23:56 UTC 2010

Hi All,

It seems, at first, it was a perms issues with httpd, tomcat  and
root. satellite-sync was making things root.root and the group needed
to be readable by both the httpd and tomcat users so I added httpd to
tomcat's group and tomcat to httpds and then chmod'd
/var/satellite/rhn/ to root.httpd.

This seemed to resolve the issue, but now, after I synced another
channel, those dirs are root.root and satellite finds the trees so
perhaps just the /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart dir needed to be 755
with root.httpd.

Not sure, I am going to look into it further.

It seems there is a lot of perm issues with satellite 5.3, I have
found a few and put medium priority tickets in with RH to make sure
they are addressed and don't give others problems.

Anyone else running into similar issues?

- A