[Spacewalk-list] Child Channels..

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 11:35:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, andre at vandervlies.xs4all.nl wrote:

> But, to my knowledge, this is the same as creating a 'new' channel... Or
> it does look so... When a clone a channel I'll still have to give a
> different name, fill in the repository, etc. etc.
>
> It look and feels the same as creating a new channel with a different name.
> Please explain the differences to me.

I think it is as you think it is.

When I had this issue I just had one directory on disk with the rpms I wanted
to be in the channel, and a script that rhnpushed them to be identical.  That
way there was never an issue of them being out of sync.

What problem does having two channels synced using a common script cause you?

jh