[Spacewalk-list] Mirror of Spacewalk client packages

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 08:37:57 UTC 2010

Sascha Bendix wrote:
% Hi,
%
% I want to use spacewalk in my organisation with approx. 500 Systems. For
% quality reasons we mirror all repositories we use.
%
% Is there a way to mirror the spacewalk client packages on
% http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/ via rsync?

No, only via http. You can use reposync command from yum-utils.

% Alternativly I know Spacewalk can manage software channels. But when
% installing a system the client package has to be installed first to get
% access to the software channel. Is there a way to give clients without a
% subscription access to a public channel?

Yep, that's a classic chicken-and-egg problem; unfortunately there are
no public channels in spacewalk.

As a workaround you can mirror repo to your spacewalk:/var/www/html/pub/
which is then publicly accessible via http://spacewalk/pub/.

% Regards and thanks in advance.
%
% Sasccha Bendix