[Spacewalk-list] Mirror of Spacewalk client packages

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 08:19:04 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 07:10 PM, Sascha Bendix wrote:
> Alternativly I know Spacewalk can manage software channels. But when
> installing a system the client package has to be installed first to get
> access to the software channel. Is there a way to give clients without a
> subscription access to a public channel?

If you use RHEL then there is those packages already included there.
Centos removed them as it in pre-Spacewalk epoch do not make sense to
them. They promised to include them in next version but have been
tentative to idea to put it there now.

Or if you install new system and you are installing it from Spacewalk,
you can say in kickstart to install those packages as well.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering