[Spacewalk-list] Seting up channels and subscribe systems - Some questions

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Wed Aug 4 18:57:10 UTC 2010

* Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de> [2010-08-04 14:06]:
> Hey,
>
> I saw it was the activation key from the basic i386 setup.
>
> I created a second key and added all my x86_64 child channels to it.
>
> Than I reconnected the server unsing the new key and I do get the message:
>
> This system is not subscribed to any channels.
> RHN channel support will be disabled.
>
> In the spacwalk interface there is still no channel selected for that
> new registered server and in the  (Alter Channel Subscriptions) link, I
> can only choose the i386 Base Software Channel.
>

> Thx for your help, may be you can help some more?!
>
> 	Cheers . Götz

Are you sure your system is actually registered?  The message "This
system is not subscribed to any channels" suggests that it is not.  Does
the system show up in the spacewalk interface?  If yes, does it show up
only once?  You could try re-registering the client from the commandline
on the client itself with rhnreg_ks:
  rhnreg_ks --force --activationkey=<the key for your activation key>

--
David
David at graniteweb.com