[Spacewalk-list] Seting up channels and subscribe systems - Some questions - SOLVED

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Aug 5 06:56:46 UTC 2010

Am 04.08.10 20:57, schrieb David Rock:
> * Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de> [2010-08-04 14:06]:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I saw it was the activation key from the basic i386 setup.
>>
>> I created a second key and added all my x86_64 child channels to it.
>>
>> Than I reconnected the server unsing the new key and I do get the message:
>>
>> This system is not subscribed to any channels.
>> RHN channel support will be disabled.
>>
>> In the spacwalk interface there is still no channel selected for that
>> new registered server and in the  (Alter Channel Subscriptions) link, I
>> can only choose the i386 Base Software Channel.
>>

>> Thx for your help, may be you can help some more?!
>>
>> 	Cheers . Götz
>
> Are you sure your system is actually registered?  The message "This
> system is not subscribed to any channels" suggests that it is not.  Does
> the system show up in the spacewalk interface?  If yes, does it show up
> only once?  You could try re-registering the client from the commandline
> on the client itself with rhnreg_ks:
>   rhnreg_ks --force --activationkey=<the key for your activation key>

Hi David,

thanks for your replay.

My problem was, that I mixed up some CPU/Arch specs....

First: I created a i64 channel for the x86_64 - Thats something
different ...

I did so, because the i3a6 arch seems to be the right for i386-systems ...

so that was some confusion.

Than I 'forgott' that my testsystem is still i386-centos and not like my
newer servers an 64-bit-centos ...

After creating new x86_64 channels and re-adding my testsystem to the
i386 channels it looks good now.

Special thanks to James Hogarth supporting me from his Android Mobile ;)

	cheers - Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt