[Spacewalk-list] Tomcat config files

Scott Rakow srr.list at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:58:29 UTC 2010

I have been having problems reinstalling Spacewalk 1.1, so it works in our
environment, which is running under CentOS 5 on a VM. After the install the
web page keeps saying that the page is not available. Some of the error
messages in the Tomcat log have been

WARNING: User database is not persistable - no write permissions on
directory

WARNING: A docBase /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/rhn inside the host appBase has
been specified, and will be ignored

INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/rhn/WEB-INF/lib/jspapi.jar)
- jar not loaded. See servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/jsp/JspPage.class.

In looking in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/server.xml file, the stanza's look
to be commented out. Is there someplace else Tomcat is grabbing the info or
should they be uncommented? Am I missing permissions someplace that
Tomcat/Oracle should have read and/or write privileges to?

Thanks

Scott