[Spacewalk-list] Tomcat config files

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 20:43:33 UTC 2010

Scott Rakow wrote:
% I have been having problems reinstalling Spacewalk 1.1, so it works in our
% environment, which is running under CentOS 5 on a VM. After the install the
% web page keeps saying that the page is not available. Some of the error
% messages in the Tomcat log have been
%
% WARNING: User database is not persistable - no write permissions on
% directory

Which directory?

% WARNING: A docBase /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/rhn inside the host appBase has
% been specified, and will be ignored
%
% INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/rhn/WEB-INF/lib/jspapi.jar)
% - jar not loaded. See servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
% javax/servlet/jsp/JspPage.class.

Doesn't http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg01193.html
help?

% In looking in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/server.xml file, the stanza's look
% to be commented out. Is there someplace else Tomcat is grabbing the info or
% should they be uncommented? Am I missing permissions someplace that
% Tomcat/Oracle should have read and/or write privileges to?
%
% Thanks
%
% Scott