[Spacewalk-list] spacecmd usage

aron at redhat.com aron at redhat.com
Fri Dec 3 16:01:07 UTC 2010

The web UI can definitely do what you want regarding syncing packages.  However, the APIs
around synchronizing packages between systems seems to be lacking a little bit now that I
look at it.  The API calls to create and compare package profiles are good and spacecmd already
implements those.  system.scheduleSyncPackagesWithSystem could probably be used to do what you
want, but the fact that you have to pass it a list of package IDs seems a little odd; I guess
you would get the package list from the system you want to sync with and then pass that list,
but that shouldn't really be necessary since you're already passing both system IDs.

As for errata, the way you described is probably the only way to do it.  This could be implemented
as a function in spacecmd and probably wouldn't be too difficult.

I'll try to take a look at implementing these in spacecmd for you as they do seem useful.

/aron