[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

Kennedy, Ryan rkennedy at PAML.com
Wed Feb 3 21:34:57 UTC 2010

Heh... always a viable workaround.

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Watts
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:23 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

osad's been known to be a bit fragile.  From what I've read there are more than a few folks that set up a cronjob to restart it regularly.

Jeffrey.
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Kennedy, Ryan <rkennedy at paml.com<mailto:rkennedy at paml.com>> wrote:
Interesting... after changing the IP address and restarting the network init.d script to make the changes take effect, it appears that osad stopped getting jabber messages.  I suspected this due to the fact that I had to run rhn_check on the client to get the requested hardware list refresh to happen.  I then initiated a reboot from Spacewalk that wasn't happening either.  After about 5 minutes I decided to check osad out.  It was running so I went ahead and restarted it.  Within 2 seconds of restarting I got a message about the system going down for a reboot.  I guess maybe osad should have a hard dependency on networking and restart when it restarts.
DISCLAIMER:
Information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, be notified
strictly prohibited. If this communication is received in error, please
notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting
from your computer. Thank you