[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check

Stephen Benjamin skbenja at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 04:07:12 UTC 2010

In /etc/jabberd/c2s.xml and s2s.xml on the Spacewalk/Satellite/Proxy server,
change the idle timeout to be 600 seconds.

Sometimes osad gets disconnected but it never figures it out.  The idle
setting forces jabber to disconnect the client every 600 seconds of being
idle, and osad prompty re-connects (60-90 seconds later).  Seems to keep my
osad's alive...and avoids the cronjob on all your clients.  Easier to
manage, IMHO.

Osad/osa-dispatcher/jabber really should be re-evaluated and maybe replaced
with something else, it's a PITA.

- Steve